WHY COUGARS DATE YOUNGER MEN
In addition to the greater supply of younger men than older ones who will date a MidLife woman,
there are several other advantages.
1. Better looking. Flat stomachs. Thick, luscious hair on their heads. Need I say more?
2. More fun and more energy. Gloria Navarro, Miss Cougar America 2009, says the men her age
just want to sit on the sofa and watch TV. She wants to go out salsa dancing, travel. That’s the
allure of the Cub.
3. Healthier. Not only is the Cub less likely to die on you, he’s also less likely to break down and
require surgery, hospitalization, and home nursing (that’s you, ladies!) Most MidLife women
complain that older men are looking for a “nurse with a purse.” MidLife women who have already
dealt with the ailments and illnesses of their children are not looking for another dependent.
4. More liberated. Older men were raised in an era where men were supreme and made all the
decisions. Cubs grew up in the age of Women’s Liberation. They are far more likely to treat a
woman as an equal.
WHY DOESN’T EVERY MIDLIFE SINGLE WOMAN DATE
There are many reasons:
1. The Double Standard. For thousands of years men have romanced and married women the
age of their daughters, without the public objecting. But lord help the woman with a young,
handsome man on her arm. He must be a gigolo, she a pathetic woman who doesn’t know how to
act her age.
2. Discomfort dating a man her son’s age. I have met many MidLife women who are flattered
that young guys find them attractive, but can’t get past the disgust they feel dating a man their
son’s age. Conversely, I have NEVER heard a man say, “I can’t date her, she’s my daughter’s
3. The fear that no young man could really love an older woman over the long haul. That
he will tire of her quickly, then discard her and move on to the younger woman who really
4. The belief that men are only attracted to youth. If you were to attend one of my cougar
conventions you would be shocked at the massive number of young guys usually present!
5. Lack of money. Young men are often still in school, or paying off heavy educational debts, or
starting off on the bottom rung of the corporate ladder. Many women have been conditioned to
date and marry men with more affluence than themselves. It’s hard to adjust to dating a man who
doesn’t earn as much money and doesn’t own his own home.
BACK TO TABLE OF CONTENTS
The Society of Single Professionals