WHY DOESN’T EVERY MIDLIFE SINGLE WOMAN DATE
There are many reasons:
1. The Double Standard. For thousands of years men have romanced and married women the age of their daughters, without the public objecting. But lord help the woman with a young, handsome man on her arm. He must be a gigolo, she a pathetic woman who doesn’t know how to act her age.
2. Discomfort dating a man her son’s age. I have met many MidLife women who are flattered that young guys find them attractive, but can’t get past the disgust they feel dating a man their son’s age. Conversely, I have NEVER heard a man say, “I can’t date her, she’s my daughter’s age!”
3. The fear that no young man could really love an older woman over the long haul. That
he will tire of her quickly, then discard her and move on to the younger woman who really
4. The belief that men are only attracted to youth. If you attended one of our cougar
conventions, you would be shocked by the number of young men!
5. Lack of money. Young men are often still in school, or paying off heavy educational debts, or starting off on the bottom rung of the corporate ladder. Many women have been conditioned to date and marry men with more affluence than themselves. It’s hard to adjust to dating a man who doesn’t earn as much money and doesn’t own his own home.